Welcome to my 'other blog' the one that explores my crafty side. I have been a maker of 'things' since childhood. By nature I'm creative. I still love to write, and you can click on this link to visit my blog: Hanging On My Word, which is where I indulge in the thought and word side. Although a teacher by profession, I don't offer tutorials. This is my showcase of projects I like to share. So pull aside the curtains and let's begin (I'm a bit theatrical too!).
Tuesday, 18 October 2016
I started to make this little puppy last Christmas but it took me longer than expected when other things got in the way, so I put him aside and finished him later in the New Year. The pattern is ‘Rhubarb’ by the talented Amanda Berry and it’s a free download from ‘Let’s Knit’.
I’ve actually bought a few of Amanda’s patterns as they are so easy to follow, with line by line instructions. This one is a little different, but I managed it in the end. The problem for me, as a still novice knitter, was the Intarsia - again. I wasn’t completely happy with the finished result, so I Swiss Darned over the stitches and it looks much neater.
I used all the correct yarns, as listed in the pattern; I chose the Robin as suggested, although King Cole Dollymix is offered as an alternative. I’m pretty pleased with the result, especially his facial features, although I couldn’t get the centre front seam as neat and ‘closed’ as Amanda’s. Never mind, he will look great with the Christmas Teddies when they come out of their box (Let’s just get Hallowe’en out of the way please, before we think of that!).